Bulimia facts is done in bulleted format to ease the reading by the reviewer.
- Bulimia affects 15 women for every 1 man, a 15 to 1 ratio.
- Bulimics are typically normal weight to a little overweight
- Bulimics feel out of control during a binge episode
- Bulimics are completely dissatisfied with the image of their body
- Bulimics will compensate for binging via purging, laxative use, diuretic use, diet pills and excessive exercise.
- In high schools as much as 15% of the population has Bulimia Nervosa.
- At least 1.0 to 1.8 percent of college women meet the criteria for Bulimia Nervosa.
- A diagnosis of Bulimia Nervosa occurs when purging happens at least twice a week for not less than 3 months.
- Russell's sign occur when the bulimic repeatedly self-induces vomiting, manifesting as calluses on the knuckles and back of hands.
From Self-Induced Vomiting
More Bulimia Facts / Symptoms
- Bulimics can have an inflamed sore throat from purging
- Salivary glands in the neck and jaw can be swollen.
- When the stomach acid hits the teeth, it wears away the enamel on the teeth, putting the bulimic at increased sensitivity to decaying teeth.
- GI problems and Acid reflux disorders can show up
- From laxative use, there can be intestinal distress and irritation
- From vomiting, fluid loss can lead to dehydration
- Electrolytes can become abnormal from the vomiting, which potentially can cause a myocardial infarction
- Weakened rectal walls (rare but serious condition that requires surgery) can occur.
Hi, my name is Joseph
I’m a U.S. AirForce Veteran, College Graduate with 352 credits mixed by undergrad/professional and graduate school. I am an Entrepreneur and enjoy sharing my interest and love for fitness and Entrepreneurship with everyone. I have lofty, obtainable goals for my website.
The intent of this site is to provide as much loving value as possible to each and everyone that visits. I encourage Entrepreneurship and want to spotlight the benefits of spirituality that are applicable and unquestionably and immensely helpful for both Entrepreneurship and Fitness pursuits.
Thank you very much for visiting, feel free to look around and to connect with me more closely. I love Pinterest and would appreciate any help available. Just one or two pins a day or more would greatly help me spread love. Thank you so much and with peace and love everlasting. I would enjoy getting to know each and everyone of you.
Connect with me on, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest.
You can also support the website by using my amazon link. Thank you. http://amzn.to/27j9VTS