The Mayo Clinic Diet
The May Clinic Diet is from a well respectable clinic. It is a fancy place to work that hires the best. The diet was designed by their experts using only clinically tested techniques to deliver nothing except quality. It is touted as "the last diet you'll ever need."
The diet is broken down into two separate parts. The first part or phase is called Lose it! which helps you get quick results while giving you a psychological boost. Lose it! sets the stage for part two or Live it! The beneficial habits you'll learn in Lose it! don't have to be followed as closely or rigidly in Live it!
During Lose it! a two week period you'll add 5 healthy habits, break 5 bad habits and adopt 5 bonus habits.
Add 5 Habits
- Eat a healthy breakfast but don't eat too much. Research has shown that those who eat breakfast manage their weight better and have improved performance at work and school.
- Eat vegetables and fruits, 4 or more servings daily of vegetables and 3 or more of fruits. With fruits and veggies you can eat more of them which leads to more satiety while not consuming too many calories.
- Eat whole grains (whole-grain bread, brown rice, oatmeal and others). Whole grains leave you feeling full and reduce your risk of being overweight by adding fiber.
- Eat healthy fats (olive oil, vegetable oil, nuts). Use these oils sparingly to better manage weight.
- Move! Walk or exercise for 30 minutes or more every day.
Break 5 Habits
- No TV while eating (and only as much TV time as time you have spent exercising).
- No sugar (only sugar from what's naturally occurring in fruit). Sugar has no nutritional value and has contributed to obesity over the past few decades.
- No snacks (except vegetables and fruits). Snacks typically have a lot of calories and little nutritional value for their volume.
- Moderate meat and low-fat diary. Even lean cuts of meat and skinless poultry have some saturated fat and cholesterol and can be high in calories.
- No eating at restaurants (unless the meal fits the program). Eating out is associated with weight gain.
Adopt 5 Bonus Habits
- Keep food records. People who keep food records are more successful at weight loss. Record your food in The Mayo Clinic Diet Journal.
- Keep activity records. Seeing your progress can build confidence and inspire you to set higher goals.
- Move more! Walk or exercise for 60 minutes or more every day. Increasing your physical activity to at least 60 minutes each day burns more calories and increases the health benefits you receive.
- Eat real food, mostly fresh, and healthy frozen or canned food. "Real food" is loaded with vitamins minerals, fiber, antioxidants and other nutrients.
- Write your daily goals, what motivates you each and every day. Goal setting keeps you motivated and helps you stick with your program.
Eating with the Mayo Clinic Diet
The Mayo Clinic Diet has a food pyramid that displays what groups to focus on. The focus is on vegetables and fruits, followed by progressively lessor amounts of whole grains, lean protein and dairy, healthy fats, and sweets.
A minimum of 3 fruits and 4 vegetables a day!
[Weight Loss Programs]
The Mayo Clinic Diet plan is a healthy diet that teaches you new habits to make and break. There are two parts to it, during the first part you can expect to lose up to 10 pounds within the first two weeks. The diet has a food pyramid displaying what and how much you should eat. The Mayo Clinic Diet book retails for a discounted price of $16.97 new.
The Mayo Clinic Diet
Hi, my name is Joseph
I’m a U.S. AirForce Veteran, College Graduate with 352 credits mixed by undergrad/professional and graduate school. I am an Entrepreneur and enjoy sharing my interest and love for fitness and Entrepreneurship with everyone. I have lofty, obtainable goals for my website.
The intent of this site is to provide as much loving value as possible to each and everyone that visits. I encourage Entrepreneurship and want to spotlight the benefits of spirituality that are applicable and unquestionably and immensely helpful for both Entrepreneurship and Fitness pursuits.
Thank you very much for visiting, feel free to look around and to connect with me more closely. I love Pinterest and would appreciate any help available. Just one or two pins a day or more would greatly help me spread love. Thank you so much and with peace and love everlasting. I would enjoy getting to know each and everyone of you.
Connect with me on, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest.
You can also support the website by using my amazon link. Thank you. http://amzn.to/27j9VTS