Written by Celebrity Fitness Advisor Jason Ferruggia
The problem with being like everyone else is that everyone else sucks.
My advice is not to do it...
How do you start your day each morning?
Do you angrily smash the alarm clock and roll out of bed exhausted, dreading another day doing what you hate?
Or do you spring up fresh and well rested because you went to sleep before 11pm like you know you should, and get excited to tackle another day doing what you love?
What about your workout regimen?
Do you focus on big compound lifts, bodyweight exercises, strongman training and avoid sissy movements that drop your testosterone levels?
Do you keep a detailed log book and track your progress week after week, year after year?
Do you stick with a program for longer than a week? Or are you just constantly in search of the next magic bullet?
When it comes time for cardio do you hop on the elliptical or stair climber or do you go find a hill sprint up it until your heart beat is visible through your hooded sweatshirt? Or do a killer finisher that would strike fear in the hearts of most.
There is always an easy way out.
You can always live a life of mediocrity and unhappiness and do what everyone else does.
Or you can choose to not be like everyone else. You can choose the road less traveled.
How do you do that?
Here are 39 ways that would be a good start.
1) Eat only organic produce and organic, grass fed meat. Avoid any factory farmed meat and conventionally grown produce when possible.
2) Eliminate sugar from you diet. Fruit does not count.
3) Cut out all processed foods.
4) Dairy, soy, wheat, and sugar are inflammatory for the majority of people. Get rid of them.
5) But feel free to cheat occasionally. You have gotta have a life.
6) Do not piss away all your money on bogus, bullshit supplements.
7) Drink lots of water
8) Cut out all other beverages. Except for high quality coffee.
9) Stop eating six meals a day. That is so 1998. Push your breakfast back on hour or two, go longer between meals, eating lightly during the day and feast at night. This is the essence of The Renegade Diet.
10) Get to bed by 10:30 or 11pm.
11) Have a routine that helps you wind down each night. Lower the lights, read, etc.
12) Get off of the computer at least two hours before bed. The screen over stimulates your pineal gland and messes with your ability to sleep.
13) Buy the most expensive mattress and sheets you can afford. It is where you spend a third of your life.
14) Use big compound barbell lifts, gymnastics and strongman exercises to create a well rounded, functional, strong, muscular physique.
15) Stop over thinking and stressing about every aspect of your training and nutrition.
16) Train heavy (but in a safe manner). I can never say this often enough.
17) Stick with one training system for longer than a week. Program hopping, ADD and information overload are the primary reasons people do not make progress these days.
18) Put all of your efforts into a few things that actually make a difference, instead of trying a million options that all do next to nothing.
19) Find a way to get focused. Somehow, some way. Most people have zero focus and thus zero control of their lives. Do not be another multitasking, confused, out of control, getting nowhere fast member of society. We have more than enough of those.
20) Do not replace real strength training with some clown like "metabolic conditioning" workout because you think it will help you lose fat faster. It will not. You lift weights to get bigger, stronger and more explosive. Remember that.
21) Keep a training journal. Record everything. Always try to improve, slowly, over time. Not necessarily workout to workout but over months and years.
22) Do hill sprints.
23) Pick up and carry or drag heavy shit.
24) Get at least 20 minutes of sunlight per day without suncreen. To make up for the lack of sun during the winter take some vitamin D.
25) Floss daily.
26) Eliminate excess clutter and bullshit from your life. Cluttered mind/home = cluttered mind. You can not focus or get shit done when you have too much crap everywhere. The stuff you own really does end up owning you. Get rid of what you do not need. Think minimalism...
27) Have sex three times per week, minimum. Preferably with hot chicks.
28) Never allow yourself to get above 15% bodyfat.
29) Never allow your conditioning to slip too much. Always stay in shape.
30) Meditate. I started doing this with the Holosync CD's back in 2008 and the difference it has made in my life is mind blowing.
31) Play a sport or perform some type of fun physical activity once in a while, even if just on weekends with friends. Hike, surf, play volleyball, tennis, flag football, swim, whatever.
32) Read a book. In fact, read lots of books. Aim for at least two per month.
33) Never hang out or associate with negative people. Cut them out of your life permanently ASAP.
34) Check email and watch TV far less often than you do right now.
35) Remember people's names and say them often.
36) Never hate or be jealous of anyone. It takes too much energy; energy that could be used to better you life.
37) Listen to Public Enemy.
38) Break the rules and do whatever the hell you want once in a while.
39) Read this site daily.[2CreateABody] › [Exercises] › 39 Ways to Not be Like Everyone Else